Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

A/N: Hey, normally I don't review books, or even bother to really read them (more into fan fictions). But this book actually got me really hooked, and I wanted to say something about it because it is a good book but it doesn't get a lot of exposure, I think.


Okay, so this book title is called Hush, Hush. When I first saw the title I thought it sounded somewhat interesting and kind of cool, so I picked it up.
Hush, Hush is written about a normal girl living in the U.S.A., and how she meets a fallen angel that changed her life forever. The two main characters in here are Nora, the female lead, and Patch, the male lead.
Nora was just a normal girl when she suddenly met Patch in her science class. Suddenly, after talking to this mysterious new acquaintence, Nora's life was thrown into a confusing loop of twists and creepy events. She later finds out more about Patch due to a required science project, and soon found herself unknowingly yet strongly attracted to him. In many incidents he tried to kill her, purposely. But in many other incidents he was the one who saved her life. Nora then finds out from Patch's own mouth and the hidden truth that Patch was a fallen angel, and he was trying to kill her because he wanted to reach his dream and become human. He too soon fell for her without knowing why, and that was when his previous relationship with Dabria, another fallen angel, enters the picture. First Dabria tried to kill Nora because she wanted Patch, but then Patch came in and saved the day. Then Nora finds out she's a descendent of a line of Nephilims, half human half angel, and that was when the final twist came in.
Overall, this book was a satisfying read. I really enjoyed the twist at the end, after Nora found out about her family blood line, she tries to put the puzzle together and finally find who her creepy stalker is. The twist occured there and I thought it was rather nice. What really interested me more about this book was its origin. This book was actually a fan fiction for "Twilight" written by Stephanie Meyer. I thought that was cool, I'm a fan fiction writer and it's cool seeing a fan fiction get published.